Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Neighborhood Halloween Parade Success!

So Saturday I pulled off my first attempt at a neighborhood wide event.  It was potluck style and we had houses ending in odd numbers bring a dessert and houses ending in even numbers bring a Snack/Appetizer.  The food was great but the costumes and participation was even better.  I was thankful that the South Riding pediatric dentistry donated little goodie bags so all the kids could get something... As I was announcing the winner for the contest I started feeling bad that we didn't get to give them all prizes because they were all so cute.  Our judges panel did a great job though of picking the winners- and it was a tough job- lots of great costumes! 

My husband (Nic) and his two buddies (Bryan and Jason) filled their truck beds with hay and we loaded up the trucks for hayrides and then the other kids paraded behind the hay rides.  It was fun for the kids to get to strut around in their costumes.  I was so busy with everything I forgot to take some pictures but here are some I was able to steal from others off face book. 

3 hayrides in the parade:)

A Lady Bug and Cookie Monster

Mommy Pumpkin and her Dragon baby- culdesac festivities

Cute doggie costumes

No comments:

Post a Comment