Monday, October 22, 2012

5th Birthday Blowout!!!

Planning my son Dylan's birthday parties are always my favorite thing to plan.  This year with being 6 months pregnant I decided we were going to go somewhere and have them do most of the work but of course I had to add some of my own personal touches!!! 

Dylan decided he wanted a bowling party.  So I decided on black, white & red as the colors and made some cupcake toppers and that was going to be all I was going to do... yeah right!  Then I decided I wanted a really cool cake- this is where the outsourcing comes in because I can't bake!  So I had a friend (who doesn't have a website yet so if anyone wants her information just shoot me a note) make him a bowling cake.  For the favors I found these adorable bowling water bottles.  I made a banner which was cool to hang right above the lockers they had there. 

Bowling Cake & cupcakes (Dessert Table)

Bowling Water Bottle Favors

Banner above lockers

Cupcake Toppers
Since we just did the friends birthday party I decided we needed to have a family get together too so I was going to do a family brunch... So again I decided on colors, this time black, white & turquoise.  And AGAIN wasn't going to make a big deal out of it but decided I wanted my friend Andrea to make another amazing cake...

As our guests entered the house...

The back of the cake

The spread

Beverage Table- Tub from Etsy

Dylan getting ready to blow out his candles
On Dylan's actual birthday I brought in Super hero cupcakes to his class and threw together these little favors for the kids. 

Even Superhero's need Hugs & Kisses
That evening we let Dylan decide where he wanted to go to dinner and he chose a Japanese steakhouse- he loves hibachi style where they cook the food in front of us and he LOVES trying to catch the shrimp in his mouth.  So when his birthday was finally over and we were reflecting we realized we did 5 celebrations!!!  I guess mommy is feeling a little guilty about the new baby coming and overcompensating by spoiling him rotten... Now it's time for damage control!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment